How To Write A Great Article In 6 Steps
by Guest Author Brad Selers
Article writing today is big business for many different reasons. Articles are published every single day in a variety of media, all of which are written by individuals around the world. These are published online, in newspapers and journals and so on. Maybe writing articles is something that you are interested in, but do not know how to get started. If you want to make article writing a hobby or even a business, you will need these 6 tips on how to write a great article.
- Start every single article with a brief rundown of what you will be discussing. Obviously this will be contained within the first paragraph. But do not try to go into too much detail, just give readers a snapshot of what you will be talking about.
- In the next paragraph you must aim to summarise what will be discussed within the article. By doing this you will create a focus in your reader and make them want to read the rest of your article. However ensure that you do not repeat what you have said in your first paragraph your reader will become bored.
- Learn how to write in engaging style suitable for the article you are writing. This means not switching styles mid article as this can be very confusing for the reader. Some people find this comes naturally to them, whereas others struggle a little. If you find that you struggle, keep going back over your article as you are writing to ensure similarity of style throughout.
- Write as though you are speaking directly to your reader in a conversational style. A lot of readers find that reading articles written in this way is much more appealing. So aim to do this when you are writing yourself, and you will be creating great articles before you know it.
- Always know the topic you are writing about. Sometimes this will mean doing research to get your knowledge up to scratch. All good writers only write on subjects that they are confident they can write well about. If you are good at research and can pick up on the basics of subjects quickly this is a bonus. However if you struggle to do this you should avoid unknown subjects.
- Stay on topic! This is a point that cannot be stressed enough as a lot of writers wander off topic when writing. If you do this you will not be creating great articles, they will be confusing and disjointed.
Anyone who is concerned about this should re-read the article they are writing every couple of paragraphs.
As you can see the 6 stages to learn how to write a great article are very straightforward. Follow them and you will soon learn how to write a great article that is highly professional. Who knows – if you are not already making money out of this, you soon could be with a great article writing style.
Article Marketing Forum Don’t throw away your time with article marketing the hard way. Utilize time lessening tools that continue to deliver you unique human written content to distribute. Article Marketing Basics